Java Developer - Glasglow
As a Java Developer, you will be working in a fast pace environment. You will be working with developers to ensure quality network frameworks, mentoring junior level staff and identifying issues that affect product delivery. You will be joining them at an exciting time of growth in their team.
This client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind them. They offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
* You will produce SOLID code with excellent test coverage
* Leading the team, providing support to colleagues reporting into you
* Identifying own and others' development needs and seeking opportunities to address these needs through guidance, coaching and formal training
* Fulfilling all mandatory training requirements, remaining current on all regulations and compliance rules and administrative functions
What we're looking for:
* Proven experience in using Spring Framework and data structures
* Experiece in Weblogic/JBoss, SQL (MS-SQL preferred) & Messaging JMS/EMS/MQ / XML
* Good knowledge of emerging software development methods, tools and standards and actively keeping this knowledge current
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Capital Markets experience a plus
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists.
For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 338 6624