Lead Java Developer - Up to £100k DOE
Do you want to impact Education on a global scale?
One of the leading EdTech companies in Europe, are expanding into Edinburgh.
Join them in working with the world of Educators, to evolve Education by making it more accessible and fair.
As a Lead Java Developer you will:
* Develop solid, well performing and maintainable back-end code using primarily Java
* Utilising services such as Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Oracle DB, AWS S3, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda
* Rapidly solve problems and bugs
* Work with developers, designers and product managers to make the test taker experience as good as possible
* Contribute with technical specifications that are both internal and customer facing
* Promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across our entire engineering department
You are passionate, driven and energetic and believe you can improve your team's performance.
Skills ideally suited:
* strong experience in Java or similar technologies
* experience with cloud platforms (preferably AWS), SQL databases (preferably Oracle RDS), NoSQL databases and ElasticSearch
* experience working with REST APIs
* production experience with continuous integration
* familiarity with performance and security best practices
* experience with Agile development methodology & Test Driven development is a plus
* experience with Infrastructure-as-Code
On offer to you:
* Remote and flexible working
* You will be part of the core engineering team of one of the most exciting and fastest growing EdTech SaaS companies in Europe.
* Travel insurance, including your family and leisure trips.
* A laptop and mobile phone provided for free.
* Up to £30 per month towards your home broadband subscription.
* Enhanced maternity/paternity and illness pay.
* Contribution towards a gym membership: 50% of your monthly bill capped at £30.
* Mandatory occupational pension (Statutory Scheme, Set 1 - currently 4% employee contribution, 4% employer contribution, 1% HMRC via salary sacrifice tax relief).
* 25 days annual leave plus all UK Bank Holidays.