Jefferson Frank are currently supporting a client who is a global leader in murveillance, management & safety technologies & systems, who are seeking a Infrastructure/ Systems Architect.
Your role will be reporting to the Lead System Architect and working with the System Architecture team. The role will be responsible for providing the architecture direction and expertise in several disciplines whilst supporting the team with existing and future work streams.
Due to the continual growth of products and portfolios this role is required to support and work alongside the existing team of architects to help support and grow the function across the business.
Effectively you will be required to undertake responsibility relating to infrastructure, network and system architecture focusing on Proof of Concept (PoC) design, low level design, documentation and implementation support where required.
The role will be primarily remote based but will need to be able to attend the office in Cardiff/ Bath once a month, which will be paid for by the company.
Every member of the Architecture team is responsible for:
* The availability, security, scalability of our vessel monitoring system
* Delivering our product and architecture roadmap
* Planning for the future
* Ensuring that quality is at the heart of our products
* Lead and support infrastructure and network architecture design direction to support the ever evolving with the MDA product with particular focus on the continuing refresh of the products and firmware associated with our products
* Assist in the assessment of new and existing technologies relating to the infield equipment (radar, surveillance, AIS etc.) from an architecture and implementation perspective
* Produce a comprehensive set of technical documentation for the function based on current understanding and findings so that its recorded and available for business continuity.
* Assist in the management of the various environments that are used in our path to production (e.g. proof of concept, system test, feature test).
* Assist and collaborate with the other architects in the creation of any project specific low-level design documents.
* Collaboration with the in-field EST team to provide leadership on the implementation of the infrastructure, network and systems architecture
* Technically support the projects during the implementation phase for the infrastructure and network architecture
* Excellent understanding of how large-scale infrastructure deployments and data centers function including build out and troubleshooting
* Excellent and proven experience in network architecture, network troubleshooting and all range of network infrastructure components (e.g. load balancers, firewalls, network routers/switches).
* Excellent and proven experience of systems engineering relating to a range of products.
* Excellent and proven experience in leading on design decisions relating to issues with infrastructure/network issues and problems in field.
* Ability to think on their feet to assess infrastructure/network build issues and provide solutions and options.
* Experience of working as part of a wider architecture team and awareness of the different layers of architecture
* Ability to understand machine virtualisation and VM hosting.
* Strong experience in the ability to compose a large number of technical documentation, reports and diagrams.
* Ability to assess effort, risk, costs and complexity for infrastructure solutions.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to various audiences
* Excellent understanding and experience of hardware infrastructure implementation and low-level working principles
* Holiday Allowance - starting at 25 days per annum pro rata our holiday year is Jan - Dec, then increasing to 26, 27 and 28 after completing 3-, 5- and 10-years' service, plus the 8 Statutory Bank Holidays. The company closes for the week between Christmas and New Year and use 2-3 days from the employee allowance to cover these days.
* Pension Scheme - new employees qualify for this after 3 months of employment. The employee pension contribution is either 4% or 5% of their salary with the client matching their contribution up to a maximum of 5%. If the employee wishes to contribute more than 5%, they are able to do so, pending a discussion with payroll.
* Life Assurance - new employees qualify for 1 x life assurance on joining the company. Following successful completion of a 3-month probation period, they will be entitled to 3 x salary and for Directors and Senior Management 4 x salary.
* Healthcare - new employees will be eligible to join the WPA Healthcare scheme after 3 months of employment. This is a taxable benefit, and the Company will pay for the employees cover only. Should they wish to extend the cover to other members of their family, this can be arranged, and the contributions deducted monthly from the employee's salary.
* Income Protection/Sickness pay - provides sickness pay for 13 weeks at full salary minus any Statutory deductions. After this period, staff will be covered for 75% of their salary minus any Government funded incapacity benefit for a further 2 years under the groups Income Protection Policy