The IT Network Architect assists the Director of IT Engineering and the Enterprise Architecture department in leading and architecting network technology along with maintaining IT strategic plan, roadmap, goals that result in quality systems and services that meet the needs of the member base now and well into the future. The IT Network Architect is responsible for creating a secure, scalable, and resilient roadmap in alignment with future and present corporate growth initiatives. This includes ensuring networks are designed to ensure maximum uptime, appropriate monitoring, automated resiliency, appropriate security, and rock-solid performance. Perform research and development on various network technologies to lead innovation with best of breed technology. Additionally, ensure appropriate governance processes are in place to turn over network solutions to appropriate project teams.
Role & Responsibilities
* Strategic direction of IT Network infrastructure and process: Design network solutions to meet business needs aligned to architectural standards. Leverage best of breed Cisco and VMWare network technology practices. 3-5 year planning/roadmap for architectural needs based on corporate strategic plan. Focus on reducing complexity and streamlining support. Ensure security and operational integrity is sustainable. Define architectural network standards in line with security standards. Serves as a key technical resource and expert of the network infrastructure.
* Soft skills: Lead technology efforts across all business areas and client groups including key data and infrastructure components across the enterprise. Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of the project. Serve as integration architecture subject matter expert to business areas, project teams and vendors to apply and execute appropriate use of technology solutions and lead efforts to examine technology vision, opportunities and challenges, vision, opportunities and challenges. Providing infrastructure architecture consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to technical staff.
* Cost Analysis/Vendor Management: Evaluate solutions that will drive down cost of IT Operations. Engage vendors for cost saving solutions. Track and report on cost and impact for key projects.
* IT Leadership collaboration: Focus on streamlining dependencies and processes across all IT functions Drive improvement opportunities within dependent areas
* Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Ent policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Skills & Qualifications
* Strong understanding of IT systems/data security as it relates to financial institutions or other industries that must comply with federal regulations
* Ability to apply seasoned expertise in multiple technologies to address interoperability issues.
* Must demonstrate a good understanding of new technologies and their applicability relative to assigned domain(s).
* Must demonstrate a strong understanding of the current and future technology architecture, including the inter-operability of technologies.
* Strong technical understanding and breadth of knowledge in networks, storage, systems, and security.
* Strong aptitude for work processing and results tracking.
* Ability to communicate with executives in a clear and understanding way.
* Ability to create a plan and execute a vision with minimal oversight.
* Ability to provide mentoring, guidance, and training to other IT colleagues in their areas of expertise.
* Understands business trends, strategies and the direction; technology must take to support the business.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
* Medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Dental through Delta
* Vision through EyeMed
* FSA for medical, dental, and child care funds
* Family Planning
* $15k for adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, fertility medications, reimbursements for donors
* 401k matched @ 3%
* 100% Vested after 4 years
* Extensive PTO
* Volunteer time off
* Pet insurance
* 10k tuition reimbursement
* Wellness programs and rewards