Job Title: Lead Data Scientist
Our client is at the forefront of creating trendsetting data-driven services of tomorrow. They challenge themselves and their clients to achieve the best possible outcomes by constantly pushing boundaries. Their culture is open, hierarchy-free, and focused on learning and collaboration. They are a curious and passionate team, always striving to do things brilliantly.
As a Lead Data Scientist at our client, you will play a pivotal role in guiding our customers toward industry-changing data-driven solutions and digital products. Your responsibilities will include building and mentoring our diverse team, designing and implementing data solutions, participating in recruiting and sales efforts, and representing us at industry events. You will work on challenging projects across interesting industries and domains, using the latest data technologies and methods.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, data architects, data scientists, software developers, and designers to transform data strategies into working digital and data solutions that deliver business value.
* Clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action, and actively shape the end result in collaboration with your peers.
* Lead the design and implementation of data solutions, selecting the appropriate technologies, and ensuring continuous delivery.
* Commit to working solutions, perform code reviews for team members, and contribute to the development of the team's best practices.
* Share responsibility for the team and projects, with a vision and drive to go beyond the minimum requirements.
* Participate in our share ownership plan and become a key member of our team in our journey to establish Brightly as a world-class expert in developing cutting-edge data-driven solutions.
* 5+ years of experience in data science, preferably in senior and lead roles.
* Proven experience in addressing challenging data science projects for industrial use cases.
* Proficiency in creating data solutions using cloud platforms.
* Extensive expertise in modern data technologies, including AWS, Python, ETL, SQL, data lakes, data warehousing, DataBricks, and real-time data integrations.
* A strong motivation to learn new data technologies and methods.
* Excellent communciation skills.
* Strong communication skills and fluency in Finnish (required) and English.
* Competitive compensation package.
* Opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in various industries.
* Collaborative, open, and hierarchy-free work environment.
* Continuous learning and development opportunities.
* Involvement in share ownership plan.