Senior GIS Data Architect - Raleigh-Durham, NC
My client in the Raleigh-Durham area is looking to grow their engineering team and is looking for a Sr. GIS Data Architect to come work alongside the VP of Engineering and to be responsible for the data processes within the company as well as building a cutting-edge, scalable infrastructure for the company's technology platform. The ideal candidate will be someone who possesses extensive industry knowledge and is able to both work independently and co-dependently with the growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work with a stable, growing company with a plan to keep on growing in the coming years.
* 7+ years of experience with data architecture and data processes, including building data pipelines, data warehousing, data migration, and data analysis
* Experience with Spark, Python, R
* Experience with the AWS cloud-computing platform - Lake Formation, Data Pipeline, Athena, & Redshift
* Experience or ability to work with customers directly, when needed
* Ability to be a team player on a cross-functional team
* B.S. in Computer Science or higher education
* Ability to define a recovery strategy
* Understanding of geospatial data - nice to have
* Experience with GIS tools - PostGIS, ArcGIS, and ESRI
* Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, and CDK - nice to have
* Experience with Machine Learning platforms - SageMaker, TensorFlow - nice to have
* Experience in Agriculture, Life Sciences, or Geospatial industry
* If not local to the Raleigh-Durham area - relocation support and assistance is available
* Opportunity for professional growth within the company
* PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, Education Reimbursement
If you or someone you know is interested in this role, please contact Michaela Raffaele immediately at email@example.com or at 813-437-6879 with your most current resume.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS/DevOps jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. Please see www.jefferson frank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Service opportunities.