Do you like to help data scientists to efficiently tell the story of data to customers? Would you like to be a part of the "green shift" and help in creating a sustainable tomorrow? We are now looking for a senior backend software engineer! Our client is helping their customers with data driven decision making - spanning from creating pricing models for their energy products, when to buy energy, to investment in renewable power plants or power-consuming industry. The RnD department build and operate a self-serve data platform for efficient storage, modelling and distribution of substantial amounts of time series data. They work with an agile mindset, and are continuously working to improve their way of work.
As a backend engineer you will be a part of a diverse team, with a healthy mix of skills, age, gender and nationalities. You will work in an interdisciplinary fashion, while supporting the team with your expertise. The main portion of your work will be towards automation of our Google Cloud workloads and Kubernetes infrastructure, helping with building solutions for observability and ensure best practices in our SaaS offering. We will shortly transition to an infrastructure-as-code setup, something you will be a part of. Some travel can be expected.
Some of your responsibility as a Python Engineer:
* build software and add feature to our SaaS offering.
* Be part of the end to end life cycle of this product from design to implementation and deployment
* Be part of a team working on building our software.
* Work with engineering manager of the team to define a road map of the team
* 3+ years with Python development
* You keep up to date on technologies for building distributed systems, and are open to choosing between OpenAPI, GraphQL and gRPC based on what suits the job better.
* You have written production services in Python or Java and maybe other languages, and swears by a "you build it, you run it" mentality.
* You would like to be valued on the quality of your craft
* Cloud experience, preferably GCP, second AWS, third Azure
* Fluent English
The team in Berlin are working closely with the developers in Oslo and you get the chance to work on project that really matters and work toward a greener tomorrow.
For more information please contact Therese Dahl on firstname.lastname@example.org