1st Line Technical Support Engineer - Up to £30k
This role provides technical support and advice to customers for both our customers and our operational workforce. This includes but is not limited to; monitoring and co-ordinating the resolution to network issues, network system administration, solving technical issues and documenting those fixes.
* Solving and documenting technical incidents and problems related to company products and services
* Acting as a lead within the direct customer support team
* Provide support and leadership to all members of the operational workforce
* Regularly update senior leadership on current incident and problem workload, owning and escalating faults to resolution
* Liaison with internal and external users, ensuring that incidents and problems are fully understood across a variety of stakeholders
* Highlight and escalate major outages to ensure key decisions are made swiftly and decisively
* Network configuration and support across the estate, backup management, config management, systems administration and related tasks
What experience is critical for this role:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server platforms
* Knowledge of networking principles including TCP/IP, Ethernet, Routing, Switching, Firewalls and Telephone Switching
* Hands on experience in Switching, routing and firewalling in a multi-vendor environment, including but not exclusive to Cisco and MicroTik
* Troubleshooting and solving end user / client issues
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety procedures for working in the UK
To apply or find out more contact email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785.