Software Engineering Manager - Flexible Working - Competitive Salary
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a large group of engineers/developers, at one of the biggest players in the automotive industry. Although the role is not technically hands-on, we are looking for someone that has come from a development background to support those that they manage on a technical and personal level.
As a software engineering manager, you will have experience working with multiple Agile teams across a number of projects. Our engineering teams are diverse and distributed (UK, USA and Europe) and develop several products and applications used by our global clients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Leading the engineering teams in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications; providing technical leadership and guidance to the organisation.
* Working with product managers in developing strategies and road maps; assisting Cognitran in achieving its business objectives from a technical perspective.
* Plan, direct and coordinate the actions of the engineering teams within an Agile SAFe methodology.
* Managing all the activities of the software engineering teams and setting goals for each team member to ensure timely project delivery.
* Keep up to date with the latest developments in software engineering; researching new technologies to strengthen the organisation.
What do you need?
* Exercise strong, proactive interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of stakeholders.
* 7+ years of software engineering experience (including design patterns, data structures, test-driven development); 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams.
* Experience managing teams delivering SaaS and Java web applications on AWS and Microservices.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
What does the role offer?
* Opportunity for career progression and development
* Performance-based bonus
* Flexible working and travel
* Generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme
* Perkbox discounts
Unfortunately, my client is unable to accept any applicants with VISA requirements, and you have to have the right to work in the UK.
For further information on the role, please get in touch with myself via email email@example.com or via mobile +44 (0)1913387625. Look forward to hearing from you!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com