Responsibilities and Challenges:
* Optimising and secure existing development processes and CI/CD pipelines
* Maintaining and optimising the development environment to ensure maximum developer productivity
* Build and improve cloud native deployment pipelines
* Designing and implementing a backup and recovery solution for DevOps tooling
* Introduce SRE capabilities into the team and project improving our deployment and application maintenance process.
* Ability to work directly with our clients and delivery teams to develop high quality technical solutions and designs for multi/hybrid cloud platforms with an emphasis on modern server less architecture (FaaS).
* Demonstrate hands on system engineering experience on cloud platforms, ideally using AWS or GCP.
* Experience (and preference) of using IaaC to deploy cloud resources (Terraform/CloudFormation)
* Comprehensive understanding and experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines using contemporary tooling for version control, automation and configuration management.
* Experience of designing and developing using Java with code written to a common standard including well-documented code and design documents.
* Experience of using Linux as a deployment platform and day-to-day development environment - e.g. has experience of package management, networking configuration etc.
* Able to write, review and assure technical documentation such as HLDs, LLDs, user guides, release notes etc.
* Experience of microservices and containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift and Docker.
* Application Monitoring experience: AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc
* SSH Cryptography and TLS