DATA SCIENCE MANAGER - FULL REMOTE OPTION - FINANCE/BANKING
Looking for a Data Science leader with strong strategic abilities to work within a pricing team for one of our major banking clients. The role is a combination of management experience alongside hands on skills (5 - 10%).
The pricing team is currently a team of 6 and is a more mature team. You'll need to have management experience so that you can manage not only your own work load but others too.
* Lead and manage technical specialists
* Establishing a bankwide recognised centre of excellence in the use of data science and specifically machine learning.
* Lead the evolution of the analytics culture including the promotion of best practices
* The performance and leadership of the data science department so that the team deliver the modelling capability and insight to maximise the value from available internal and external data.
* Lead the design and delivery of analytical solutions that directly impact the customer
* Strong quantitative analytics background in retail markets - preferably retail financial services
* Extensive experience of using analytics to design, drive and deliver business strategies in a fast paced environment
* Experience managing Data Science professionals
* Expert knowledge of open source technology
* Ability to influence stakeholders and build relationships across the business
To apply or for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.