Director of Engineering - Up to £130k + Bonus
Edinburgh based organisation
* 28 days holiday (plus 8 days bank holiday)
* Flexible working hours and environment
* 10% Employer Pension
* Choose your own kit and accessories
* Open-door policy
My client are an award-winning company, truly customer-focused, and are specialists in large-scale AWS platforms and modern engineering practices, working with private and public sector organisations who want to innovate, motivate and deliver at scale.
About the role:
Director of Engineering will be responsible for growing and shaping the cloud platform engineering practice, with an initial focus on growing the AWS capability.
Are you passionate about cloud platforms and wish to become a recognised voice within cloud platform ecosystem?
You'll be building a practice which is recognised as the 'go to' team for cloud platform expertise and someone who is a natural leader, proactive, well organised, and confident.
* AWS cloud platform engineering experience
* Be a leader and main point of contact for the cloud platform practice, will define the cloud platform framework and ways of working.
* Define the growth strategy for the cloud platform engineering practice including resources and hiring, content and marketing, sales priorities, and target customers.
* Collaborate with recruitment personnel and act as an independent interviewer for vacancies in other practices where needed.
* Accountable for hiring new staff and the ongoing performance management of existing staff within the Cloud Platform Engineering practice.
* Define the Cloud Platform Engineering practice training plan, budget, and certifications for staff.
* Treat morale and staff welfare as a priority, ensure time is spent bonding and collaborating within the practice.
* Be an ambassador, internally and externally
* Oversight of all Cloud Platform Engineering client accounts, ensuring we are delivering a high-quality service and that our client stakeholders are delighted with the team and outcomes/deliverables.
Required Skills And Experience
* Recognised as an AWS Cloud Platform expert (DevOps/ Development/ Architecture).
* Have previously managed a team of AWS Engineers/ Developers
* Ability to direct teams and collaborate effectively
* Ability to interact with C-Suite and external stakeholders and customers
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785 for more information.