Data Manager - Edinburgh
Up to £70k DOE
As Manager with our Data Engineering group, you will be responsible for leading our Data Engineering and Data Analysts. You will architect, design, estimate, developing and deploy cutting edge software products and services that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage and querying, in-stream & batch analytics for Cloud and on-prem environments.
Your role will be focused on delivering high quality solutions while driving design discussions across Data Engineering topics (ingestion, consumption, storage, computation, data models, performance, DevOps, Test automation & Security).
As a hands-on technologist you will be excited to join super talented and supportive community of Data Engineers who are passionate about building the best possible solutions and endorse a culture of life-long learning and collaboration.
What You'll Bring
* Extensive experience with Data related technologies, to include knowledge of Big Data Architecture Patterns and Cloud services ideally AWS but Azure / GCP will considered.
* Experience delivering end to end Big Data solutions on premise and/or on Cloud
* Knowledge of the pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NoSQL, MPP, Columnar databases
* Expertise in one or more NoSQL database (Mongo DB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, Big Table etc.)
* Experience of one or more big data ingestion tools (Sqoop, Flume, NiFI etc.), distributed messaging and ingestion frameworks (Kafka, Pulsar, Pub/Sub etc.)
* Expertise in the Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution-like Cloudera and cloud specific distributions
* Expertise with at least one distributed data processing framework e.g. Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL), Storm, Flink etc.
* Experience building DevOps pipelines for data solutions, including automated testing
You'll Also Likely Have Some Of The Following
* Knowledge of containerization, orchestration and Kubernetes engine
* An understanding of how to setup Big data cluster security (Authorization/ Authentication, Security for data at rest, data in transit)
* A basic understanding of how to manage and setup Monitoring and alerting for Big data clusters
* A certification in one or more cloud platforms or big data technologies
* Any active participation in the Data Engineering thought community (e.g. blogs, key note sessions, POV/POC, hackathon)
To apply or more info contact email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785.