Data Engineer - Hybrid - London - £70,000 - Financial Services
The Data Engineer role will be our clients first direct data engineer, focused on building data pipelines within AWS to support their growing data franchise. You will work closely with the Product Team, Sales, Management and most importantly clients and dealers in delivering a stable and efficient data platform and will report directly to the head of data products.
The primary delivery will be to maintain and enhance the data platform as a foundation for real-time data products, visualizations, and APIs.
* Hands-on data engineering: cleaning and organising data in Python, S3, redshift, etc.
* AWS solution guru: experience with a wide array of AWS tools, in order to be able to recommend the right tool for the job
* AWS Certified would be a preference.
* 2/3 years' experience, specifically Redshift, Lambda, Cloud formation
* Experience with Kafka or other comparable streaming platform
* Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other big data/distributed computing paradigm
* 2/3 years' experience writing production-quality code in Python in a similar role in financial services
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/similar or equivalent
* Formal requirements analysis, modelling methodologies and tools
* Agile development methodologies and DevOps, CI/CD pipeline and associated tooling, Jira
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply and one of our certified consultants will give you a call.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.