DevOps Engineer - Up to £75k + 15% Bonus
Location: Remote Working
Clearance: Active SC Clearance or eligible to be security cleared to SC level
They are a specialist Data Engineering, Cloud and Analytics consultancy focused on supporting their clients in successfully delivering on their digital transformation programmes. Their aim is to ensure they deliver value from their client's data using innovative approaches that improve their data capabilities, analytics and data governance.
With demand for their services from their clients at an all-time high and continuous growth and success within their market sector, they are embarking on a major recruitment drive and keen to recruit talented DevOps Engineers to join their project delivery team.
They are working for a high-profile client, analysing their existing processes, identifying and implementing opportunities to optimise these processes, and developing solutions to deliver service improvements to them.
In this role, you will be working on a Linux based environment, collaborating with their team to review specifications and then use these agreed specifications to create infrastructure or scripts on AWS using the right standards and tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
* You will be supporting the automation of test cases and embedding these within delivery pipelines to ensure code remains robust.
* You will be implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
* You will be defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS using AWS native services and/or the ELK stack.
* You will be implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
* You will be designing, managing and maintaining tools to automate operational processes.
* Proven experience of working on relevant system administration and/or DevOps projects
* Hands-on experience with AWS services including VPCs, ELBs, Route 53, RDS, Cloudwatch, IAM, EC2, Lambda, etc.
* Experience of working with the command line in Linux, creating Bash scripts
* Experienced with configuration and management of version control software
* Experienced of amending and writing Infrastructure as code templates, using Terraform or CloudFormation
* Excellent ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks
* Solid Linux and/or Windows system administration experience
* Networking experience, CIDR, TCP/UDP, IP, tcpdump
* Software engineering skills (such as Git, Bash, Python, Go, Java, Ruby)
* Experience with the ELK stack, capable of configuring a greenfield implementation for clients.
* Experience of working within large, complex and geographically dispersed programmes.
What they offer to you?
* They believe that their people are what makes them the company they are. They adopt a partnership model, ensuring that they all share in the success of the business. With only 4 levels in their hierarchy between Consultant to Partner, everyone is empowered to have a positive influence in the way they do things. A chance for you to grow your career with them, whist they scale-up their business.
* They support their employees progress through their careers, by offering to fund training programmes to help you upskill yourself.
* The chance to work in a supportive and growth focused environment and learn from senior subject matter experts whilst also securing a competitive salary and excellent bonus and benefits package.
* The chance to work at the forefront of the latest technologies and innovations, on cutting-edge projects and programmes that will allow you the autonomy to work independently.
* To be part of a team that embraces the strengths of diversity and inclusion. A collaborative outlook where your voice and ideas are always heard.
* A platform that will support and allow you to push your own ideas to deliver on projects successfully.
* Tjhey believe the best impact is the value they add, not the hours they sit at their desks. They promote a good work/life balance for all their staff and welcome discussions about flexible working.