DevOps Engineer - Up to £80k DOE
Their name may not be familiar, but you probably use their services every single day - ever visited a website?
They've been running the national internet namespace for a quarter of a century, sitting proudly at the heart of the UK's critical digital infrastructure.
But they're also a Public Benefit business. They invest in making a positive impact of the lives that are being most disrupted in our digital age: young people. They're known as one of the UK's leading 'tech for good' funders and the commitment to building a connected, secure and inclusive digital future drives everything they do. It's not just rhetoric - ask their staff.
THE BEST BITS
At my client you can expect a competitive salary (depending on experience of course), plus excellent benefits including 30 days holidays, Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Wellbeing allowance, Remote Working, Flex benefits and much much more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They are looking for a multi-disciplined, skilled and self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join my client Cyber Solutions and help us deliver their Protective DNS solution. You will work closely with other engineers as part of a cross-functional scrum team. Within the team, you will be responsible for deployment of products into cloud environments as well as building artefacts for distribution to customers so you'll need good skills developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Work on deployment, management and maintenance of new cloud-based cyber security products.
* Support development of new product features and services.
* Advise colleagues to ensure new products and features are deployed safely in a timely and effective manner.
* Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, and configurations.
* Advocate, educate and build consensus.
* Deliver implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile working environment.
* Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
WHO YOU ARE
* Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Commercial experience working with Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm.
* Good familiarity with Git and GitLab.
* Experience of CI/CD using tools such as GitLab pipelines or GitHub actions.
* Experience developing containerised workflows with Docker or equivalent tools.
* Good knowledge of a scripting language.
* Superb interpersonal communication skills.
* Superb attention to detail.
* Knowledge of streaming events systems such as Kafka or Kinesis.
* Familiarity with RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
* Any background in Cloud networking and security.
* Prior experiences of data processing such as Spark and Druid would be advantageous.
* Experience of monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana would be nice to have.