Data Architect - Manchester - Salary to £80,000
Jefferson Frank have partnered with a well known tech first online retailer group that are looking to expand their Data Team. Not only are we looking for a Data Architect we are looking to expand the whole Data resource within the company. Due to recent project wins and an internal digital transformation project we are working closely with this AWS business partner to bring in some of the best talent.
We're looking for a Data Architect to join thier Group Data team. As a Data Architect, your role will be both strategic and hands-on, and you will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end Analytics Platform data architecture, including the data lake and the enterprise data warehouse. You will be a key input into the overall data strategy and be a key driver of the overall enterprise data architecture and data governance initiatives.
Software and Technology Skills:
* Experience with AWS or Google Cloud products (BigQuery, GCS, Cloud Composer, Dataflow etc.) or similar products from other cloud platforms
* Experience with open-source data-stack tools such as Airflow, Airbyte, DBT, Kafka etc.
* Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and/or Looker
* Knowledge of Teradata, Mainframe and/or Google Analytics is preferable
* Appreciation of data management, analytics, science, and visualisation workflows and data needs
* Appreciation of the modern cloud data stack, headless BI, analytics engineering, data meshes and lake-houses
* Evaluate, design and maintain our cloud-native enterprise lake house (data lake + data warehouse) architecture covering all data lifecycle stages (identification, collection, storage, cleansing, enrichment, transformation, and exposure). Work with internal stakeholders and external delivery partners to achieve this.
* Design, implement and maintain an easy-to-interpret and well-documented EDW data model, in order to facilitate frictionless access to trusted data, data democratisation and self-serve use-cases.
* Work collaboratively with the Data Management function to create, maintain, support, and evolve a clean data ecosystem (enterprise-wide and EDW-specific data architecture, modelling, development, and governance) and champion the usage of relevant modern cloud and/or open-source tools and technology.
* Input into and enable the strategic Group Data and Analytics Platform roadmaps, develop and communicate the sequence of architectural implementation.
* Establish a strong support framework for group-wide data practitioners, evangelising existing and potential Analytics Platform capabilities.
* Leverage overarching knowledge of available and (potentially available) data to co-ordinate and enable cross-team projects and strategic programmes.
* Hybrid working and flexible start times
* 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
* Annual bonus scheme
* Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
* Company pension with up to 8%
* Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
* A range of financial wellbeing support
* Colleague discount
* Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
* Paid volunteer time
For more information on this position or to apply contact Daniel Cordy on 020 3879 8375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated version of your CV.