Director of Data Engineering - London - Salary to £130,000 + Equity options
This company is bringing technological innovation to the market infrastructure of a long -established sector.
Founded in London, from very beginning their mission focused on benefiting the whole eco system, rather than just one part or one player within it. This ethos is endorsed by investment from a unique and global consortium of the industry's most influential financial institutions.
My client are looking for Director of Data Engineering to drive data utilisation into business value. This is a unique opportunity to join the growing business and establish both data solutions and organisation in their journey to convert their operational data into business value.
* Design & build mission-critical cloud based data pipeline & platform to serve various company functions and customers 24/7, enabling data democratisation, experimentation and self-service
* Master business domain & operational data schemes and drive data catalogue; promote common terminology across company and customers
* Provide operational analytic & insights, reports & dashboard, for stakeholders and customers
* Partner with product to achieve data monitisation.
* Admin all data sources in production; ensure data security, privacy, lose prevention and compliance across all data sources in production
* Build & lead diverse and geo distributed organisation of data engineers and data analysts
* Formulate and implement agile & data engineering processes
* Foster excellence and continues improvement, enhance engineering toolset and contribute to data practices across company
* Engage and collaborate with other engineering directors, CISO, product, operation, project, and account managers
* Engage 3rd party partners to enhance knowledge & skills and reduce time to market
* Contribute to roadmap planning and own related execution
* Reports to CTO
* 2+ years experience as Director of Data Engineering with strong hands-on mentality
* Experience designing and building native cloud data pipeline, data warehouse/lake and self service solutions
* Experience administrating SQL and NoSQL data stores; strong SQL skills - essential
* Experience in driving data utilisation, insights and monetising
* Proven experience in building a high performing team (~10 people)
* Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, AWS QuickSight)
* Well versed in industry best-practices for software development, including CI/CD methodologies and tooling
* Detail oriented, analytical mind and business acumen
* Experience with the multi-region solutions based on AWS data technologies - key advantage
This is going to be a very hands on director level position to begin with so those that are happy to continue in this form of leading would be ideal.
For more information on this position or to apply contact Daniel Cordy @ Jefferson Frank or email D.email@example.com with an updated version of your CV.