Senior Data Engineer - Edinburgh/Hybrid - Salary to £75,000
An extremely experienced enabler of high street tech has created a new position for a Senior Data Engineer to join the data team. You will have the experience of taking lead in designing, building and managing scalable solutions whilst engaging with a modern data stack. The role will suit those who enjoy fast-paced projects and working in a rapidly changing start up environment.
* Work collaboratively with our Data Analyst, Data Scientist and ProdEng Team as you grow your understanding of the data that is capturd and how it is used.
* Spend time with key leaders around the business to understand their data requirements and develop best in class solutions.
* Take ownership of the existing data infrastructure and pipelines, including PostgreSQL DB and Apache Airflow workflow management platform.
* Recommend new tooling that is scalable.
* Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency.
* Explore ways to measure and improve data quality, and to identify fraud patterns within the data.
* Create and maintain technical documentation of data flows and data structures within the analytics data stack.
* Ensure reliability and security, including implementing GDPR policies.
* Share your knowledge and expertise with others to help increase data literacy around the business.
What you will bring the business:
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL is essential.
* High proficiency in Python.
* Significant experience of working with cloud-based data infrastructure, such as Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
* Experience of working with a range of ETL/ELT tools within a modern data stack, as well as Apache Airflow.
* Experience of extracting data through API calls.
* High level of pride in the quality of their code and documentation.
* Desire to take on and solve complex problems, and to decipher solutions into tasks that can be managed within an Agile development framework.
* Highly proactive nature, taking immediate steps to communicate issues and find solutions, as they arise.
* Familiar with data regulations, including GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018).
* Experience with Tableau is desirable, but non-essential.
This role will require you to be able to go into the office every week (Hybrid) so we will only be looking for those candidates local to Edinburgh.
Sponsorship is NOT available for this role.
For more information contact Daniel Cordy on 020 3879 8375 or email email@example.com with an updated version of your CV.