Principal Research Associate
Location: Boston, MA
About the company
Early-stage start that focuses on building an AI engine for small-molecule drug discovery.
Role & Responsibilities
* Lab-based position responsible for designing and conducting biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology experiments within the oncology and immunology space.
* Analyzing, interpreting, and preparing summaries of data collected and presenting internally to team members
Skills & Qualifications
* B.Sc + 7 years of experience OR .M.Sc + 5 years of experience
* Hands-on proficiency with Western Blotting, biochemistry, immunofluorescence, qPCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, and other luminescence and fluorescence assay readouts.
* Proficiency in in-vitro mammalian cell culture techniques (suspension and adherent cells), including cell line maintenance and cryopreservation.
* Experience with running cell-based assays with small molecule inhibitors in plate-based format (e.g. 96-well).
* Experience with cell line manipulation (siRNA, CRISPR, lentiviral transduction, transfection, stable cell line selection, clonal isolation, DNA/RNA/protein isolation etc).
* Strong background in immunoassays including cytotoxicity and measurements of cytokine production and secretion.
* Isolation and culture of human PBMCs.
* Familiarity with processing animal tissue samples (e.g. blood, spleen, lymph nodes) for protein/mRNA analyses
* Competitive Salary + equity
* Professional Development and growth opportunities
* Flexible work hours
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time
* 401(k) plan with employer matching
* Healthcare, vision, dental, and life insurance plans for you and your dependents
* Generous parental leave
* Commuter benefits for public transportation or parking.