Data Analyst - London - £50K annually
R e s p o n s i b i l i t i e s
* Analyse data on potential investment targets using traditional and alternative data sources to find insights on the companies.
* Use our internal analytics platform, create custom visualisations and scripts to evaluate company performance.
* Use our existing data sources to discover potential investment targets.
* Work with the investment team to determine the right course to answer specific questions about a company's customer base, public perception, or workforce details.
* Write custom web crawlers to extract data from public facing websites.
* Create custom visualisations using Power BI or Python.
* Analyse large datasets using a BI tool or a scripting language.
Q u a l i f i c a t i o n s & E x p e r i e n c e
* STEM degree with an analytics component
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of programming, scripting languages or statistical analysis tools: Python, R, Matlab, SPSS, Stata, or any Object-Oriented Language or statistical package.
* Experience in data visualisation techniques, using Excel, Tableau, PowerBI or any other tools.
* Advanced Excel knowledge
S k i l l s & A t t r i b u t e s
* Confident and pragmatic in their approach and able to demonstrate credibility quickly
* High EQ and ability to deliver through strong influencing skills
* Drive and aptitude to manage a broad range of responsibilities
* Well-developed interpersonal skills, team spirit and professional presentation
* Highly articulate (verbal and written), organised and high attention to detail
* Determined, motivated and ability to work calmly under pressure
* Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to "go the extra mile"
* Ability to organize and prioritize own work load whilst being responsive to portfolio needs
* Willing to take on new challenges and resolve them methodically (excellent ability to take ownership and run with things)
* Strong ability to understand the needs of the individuals that he/she will be supporting and able to execute with limited guidance
* Ability to question situations and environments at all levels
* Motivated to pursue a successful career supporting colleagues and investors in a successful financial services firm
C o m p e n s a t i o n & B e n e f i t s
* Competitive salary and bonus package
* Additional benefits package including pension
* 5 weeks annual holiday
* BUPA Health Insurance
For further information on the role, please contact: email@example.com