Data Engineer - London - £65K annually
Who will you be working with?
A leading provider of consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services around the world. In the growing world of cloud, digital, and platforms, the Group is at the forefront of innovation to cover the complete range of clients' opportunities. A corporation that allows enterprises to accomplish their business aspirations through a range of services ranging from strategy to operations, based on its strong 50-year+ experience and deep industry-specific expertise.
Role & responsibilities
* You will work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
* You will work on the full range of software engineering principles; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
* You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
What are the skills & qualifications that we are looking for?
* ETL toolset (Talend, Pentaho, SAS DI, Informatica etc)
* Database (Oracle, RDS, Redshift, MySQL, Hadoop, Postgres, etc)
* Data modelling (Data Warehouse, Marts)
* Job Scheduling toolset (Job Scheduler, TWS, etc)
* Programming and scripting languages (PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Java, Python, Hive, HiveQL, HDFS, Impala, etc)
You also should have experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions and the ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle, as well as some experience in the following:
* Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
* Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
* Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
* Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management