The Cloud Computing Engineer designs, creates, configures and delivers cloud infrastructure environments for a variety of environments across the company using best practices and business acumen. This role includes all technological aspects associated with cloud computing technology stack, including architecture, security, design, planning, management, maintenance and support. The scope of the role includes the extensive knowledge of on-premise (private), off-premise (public) and hybrid cloud models along with cloud implementation service models (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS). The major purpose of this role will be mapping of our on-premise databases to cloud database services. Lead/oversee the cloud infrastructure environment construction and implementation during the life cycle of the solutions. Evaluate the success of architecture, network, security and environment designs as they are implemented. Evaluate strengths and flaws in architecture, network, security and environment designs for continuous improvement. Communicate with management and technical personnel on cloud adoption and usage topics on a continuous basis. May be required to represent EIT in a project as a technical lead. May be required to coordinate with other EIT personnel.
Role & Responsibilities:
Design cloud infrastructure environments with best practice configurations for a wide variety of systems including databases, web services and messaging systems, and other application support environments. Efficiently translate project requirements from architecture/environment diagrams to formulate appropriate questions to identify and remediate design gaps. Review and analyze architecture level security solutions at the domain or product level to transform them into cloud infrastructure designs and implementations. Establish strategic relations with key technology vendors in order to influence changes in future product releases. Must have experience with cloud technologies including but not limited to compute, storage, network, databases.
Skills & Qualifications:
* 5+ years or more of enterprise-level Infrastructure consulting or implementation experience
* Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell or other automation environments and scripting technologies
* Experience migrating workloads from on premise to cloud
* Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration
* Familiarity with Containerization
* Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
* Experience using AWS CDK for IaC automation
* Good working knowledge of the technical aspects of:
* Application protocols, such as HTTP(S), SMTP, SSL, and DNS
* Common applications of cryptography, such as X.509 PKI, PGP, etc.
* Knowledge of Active Directory
* Security event and log management
* Identity and access management
* Encryption in the cloud
* Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols