We help organisations solve their biggest, most exciting engineering problems. We've created banks from scratch on Kubernetes and AWS, built streaming analytics solutions that protect the country and built platforms to enable whole organisations to move to AWS and Azure, and everything in between. We do all this in a work environment where regular social events, inclusivity and an ego-free culture mean we've been officially voted a "Great Place to Work" for five years in a row.
We're not interested in cutting corners and believe in helping our clients to make the right choice for the long-term. We draw on our reputation for outstanding delivery to allow our engineers to do the right thing for our clients, and not necessarily the easy thing. Innovation is in our DNA, and we encourage our engineers and consultants to work together to rethink conventional wisdom on how problems should be solved.
Here's what you will do (Not all of it, but some of the important stuff!)
* Solve the problems others cannot
* Spend a day a week working on a combination of internal products and your own development
* Create platforms based around a modern, cloud-native tech stack:
* Java 8+ and Kotlin
* AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
* And more…
Do you have the essentials?
* Demonstrable experience in automating operations tasks with one or more scripting languages
* Experience creating and/or maintaining production software delivery pipelines using common CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCI)
* Experience working with one of the main cloud providers (AWS, Azure or Google)
* Have a drive for self-improvement and learning, including learning new programming languages
* Approach solving problems pragmatically
It would be great if you had these desirable skills
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
* Experience supporting and operating production systems
* Familiarity with configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible)
* Python coding skills
This is what you get in return
We've grown consistently over the years and offer an entrepreneurial environment within which to embark upon an exciting career path, where your contribution really counts, and we will recognise it. With personalised development opportunities, experienced colleagues and challenging client assignments, progression can be extremely rapid for high performers. We are a social bunch of people and go out as a team on a regular basis. You can also expect:
* A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
* A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
* A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
* 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
* 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
* Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated personal training budgets and time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
* A dedicated personal budget to choose the IT equipment of your choice.
Here's a little more about us and what we value
Independent, award-winning and ambitious, we are a technology and management consulting firm that places a high value on people, which is why we have been recognised as a Great Place to Work™ consecutively for the last 5 years. We have a 30-year track-record of delivering complex, business-critical IT transformation projects moving seamlessly from strategy, design, delivery through to operations. We believe we offer a significantly better work-life balance than in other IT consultancies because you are involved every step of the way, making career decisions together.
We are widely recognised as the place where smart, technically curious, ambitious people who value their integrity and independence want to work. We offer rewarding careers to people who are driven by the desire to do exciting work for ambitious clients.
We have helped improve some of the biggest organisations in the UK and Europe across three core sectors: Finance and Insurance, Energy and Commercial and the Public Sector. Solving complex technology problems to create competitive advantage through the advanced application of Cloud, Digital and Data technologies; growing revenues, reducing costs, and improving efficiency and effectiveness for our clients.