The UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is partner organisations to help put this vision into practice. My client is one of those partners.
We want passionate, energetic Platform/DevOps Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge.
You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll do
* You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
* My client has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. They work on large scale, technically challenging projects
* You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few
* You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru and my Client's University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more..
My client is a client-led organisation, but we offer a remote-first working policy to our clients. Our expectation is that our employees can work for up to 70% of their time remotely in any given month. As our ethos is to provide excellent service to our clients, we will balance client needs with employee preferences where possible. If you'd prefer to work in an office with your client or colleagues more frequently than this, we can arrange this too.
Things we like;
* Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
* Core Networking & Loadbalancing
* Python / Ruby / Go
* Jenkins / Bamboo
* Git / GitHub / GitLab
* Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
* SQL / NO-SQL DB's
* Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
* HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)