Cloud Engineer - Up to £85,000 - Fully Remote
My client is recruiting for a Cloud Engineer to join their expanding Platform Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make an impact implementing, supporting and optimising cloud native solutions. You will be responsible for building and maintaining environments for high profile, enterprise clients, providing an excellent customer experience and realising outcomes that deliver value for their business.
* Work with clients and project delivery teams to build and manage the ongoing improvement of critical production systems in an automated and scalable way.
* Respond to and resolve operational incidents, performing root cause analysis and managing changes required to prevent future occurrences.
* Create Impact Assessment documentation in response to change requests related to Managed Service platforms.
* Work on developing their core product and producing high quality reusable components that are used across multiple projects.
* Be an essential contributor to their DevOps culture. This includes automating the deployment of solutions by continuous delivery and promoting adoption of automation principles.
Essential and Demonstrable Experience:
* Experience building & managing production systems/platforms ( Linux/Windows)
* 2 or more years of experience working with Amazon Web Services
* Deep knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code toolset (Cloudformation)
* Comfortable with scripting/automation of tasks (Python preferred or Bash/Powershell)
* High level understanding of databases, networking and storage systems.
* Experience with version control systems (GIT)
* Understanding of continuous integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Codepipeline or Jenkins ( Teamcity, Bitbucket, Gitlab)
* Experience building &/or managing live productionsystems/platforms.
* 3rd line support experience - ITIL methodologies - ITSM tooling
* AWS Certification - SysOps Associate/DevOps Pro.
* Other IAC tooling (Terraform, Ansible etc)
* Experiencing in AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB).
* Experience deploying solutions using AWS SAM
* Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
* Windows Server and related technologies administration experience - AD, DFS, SQL Server.
* Experience of other public cloud solutions.
* Knowledge and understanding of the AWS Well Architected Framework.
* Understanding or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catalog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
* Evidence of continual learning and attacking new domains.
* Understanding of and some exposure to Machine learning, AI and Data Science.
* Consultancy skills/experience
For more info please contact email@example.com or call 0191 338 6624