Cloud Architect - Edinburgh
An expanding Analytics consultancy based in Edinburgh is seeking a CloudArchitect with Cloud Platform experience (particularly MS Azure & AWS) to join them and help lead on projects with a range of clients.
You'll have an existing skillset from a range of backgrounds in legacy BI platforms (SQL Server, SAS, Teradata etc.) but also have current experience in architecting Cloud Data Platform solutions across any of the main vendors - Azure, AWS or GCP, with a preference for Azure.
You'll be responsible for end-to-end solution architecture, including translating business requirements, solution design (Cloud, on-premise or Hybrid), Data Modeling, Data Ingestion (including Event-Based data) and Security considerations.
You will be based a mixture of at home, on site or in office depending upon client preferences and safety considerations, so candidates should be commutable to the company's offices in either London or Edinburgh.
Role & Responsibilities
* Solution/Data Architecture
* Translating business requirements into Data Solution designs/proposals
* Designing ETL/Data Pipeline Architecture and Data Models
Skills & Qualifications
* Expertise in Data Solution design
* Expertise in Data Modeling concepts
* Expertise in a mainstream legacy Data Platform/RDBMS - SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Netezza etc.
* Expertise in PaaS Cloud Solution Architecture, ideally MS Azure and AWS
* Experience in Service Bus/Event-Based Architecture
* Starting Salary of up to £80,000
* Performance-Related Bonus
* Certification training/support to keep up to date
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785 for a confidential chat.