Senior Software Engineer (GOLANG) | Remote | 6 Months+
What's my job title? Senior Software Engineer (Go), Where in the world? You can work remotely from anywhere within the EMEA regions, Working hours? For this role, you will operate within any EMEA timezones, What language(s) are required? Fluency in English.
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in the product engineering squads. You'll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain communication products and related services. This will enable customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via the REST API; gain real-time insights using their Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Their product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both internal and external customers. They use an agile development methodology, meaning they deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What You'll Do
* Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
* Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
* Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
* Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
* You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What You'll Bring
* At least 5 years of relevant software development experience Strong experience in Golang is a must.
* Experience dealing with high traffic applications (1M+ requests per day) is a must
* Strong experience working with relational and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
* Experience with high-throughput relational database deployments
* Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
* Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
* Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a must.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
Are you interested in this position?
Apply now or send your most recent CV to C.firstname.lastname@example.org