Senior Backend Developer:
Our client is a big data and analytics company that tracks tens of billions of ads per day for some of the largest companies in the world including Apple, Nike, AT&T, Vodafone and most of the Fortune 500 companies. This means if you have ever seen an ad online there's a good chance it was tracked and analysed by them. Their product stops false advertising, viruses, malware and creates safer advertising and marketing environments. This global company has offices in Helsinki, New York, Paris, Singapore and Sydney. They operate at a massive scale handling 100 billion+ backend events daily and will verify that all Ads are Fraud Free, Brand Safe, in the right Geo and highly likely to be viewed and engaged, all in less than a fraction of a second.
The client is looking for a versatile senior backend developer. Their codebase is currently built on Java but their new default language is Kotlin so all new code going forward shall be written in Kotlin. As the senior backend developer, you will help with analysing and processing events in real-time while making decisions on the environment where the ads are running.
At a glance:
* Role: Senior/Lead Software Developer (Full Time, Permanent)
* Location: Espoo
* Salary: Up to 6500EUR pm depending on relevant tech experience PLUS up to 10% bonus and stock options
* Reason for Hiring: Expansion and product demand
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Backend Developer, your main responsibilities would include:
* Implementing scalable solutions and engaging in system design planning
* Taking initiative to improve our workflows and systems
* Writing top quality code and continuously learning new skills and technologies
* In house development for a wide range of products for advertising and marking for companies globally
Salary and Benefits:
This job offers up to 6500 Euros PM depending on relevant experience. The benefits include up to a 10% bonus and stock options, phone, laptop, home internet, food & sports vouchers, 2000EUR per year budget for training & certifications and travel to the New York office
Required Skills and Technologies:
* Deep knowledge of and experience with Java/ Kotlin, Spring, REST, Gradle
* Knowledge in design and architectural patterns with a strong focus on performance and application reliability
* Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, functional programming, data structures, multi-threading and distributed systems.
* Experience with in-memory distributed cache such as Aerospike and messaging systems such as Apache Kafka, etc...
* Experience in working with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and Columnar/NoSQL Databases such as (BigQuery, Vertica, Snowflake, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…).
* Experience with Agile development, CI/CD pipelines (Git ,GitLab or Jenkins) and coding for automated testing.
* Proven experience working with cloud providers such as GCP or AWS
* Experienced working in a Linux/Unix based environment.
* A versatile developer with a "getting-things-done" attitude.
* Experience with front-end frameworks (React) is a plus
* Knowledge in machine learning is a plus
If you think this could be the role for you, or if you have any questions about the position and what else it will entail, please reach out to me:
Phone: +358 75326 3947