A exciting cloud security start-up with venture capital backing that is on a mission to accelerate access to data in a secure way. Data is increasingly becoming a strategic asset, but companies are struggling with manual access management work-flows that overburden the data engineers, and slow down the business. As a result, companies all too often fall back to broad stroke access controls, leaving them exposed to severe security and privacy risks.
The company's automated access management will let companies innovate in a secure and private way, which is needed to thrive in a brave new data-driven world.
As a founding engineer in the start-up, you will help to develop and determine the direction of the product along with the founders of the firm, both respected back-end engineers in the Belgian IT community. You will have to design a scalable and elegant product that will need incremental improvement throughout it's life-cycle. The back-end of the product will be written in Golang but Java skills translate well into this particular role.
* 4+ years of back-end development experience
* Good knowledge of GO OR Java
* Experience with long-term product development and improvement preferred
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* You have experience with AWS and know how to automate it
* You have high quality standards