Position: Backend Python Software Developer
Location: Central Bergen
A leading Aquaculture technology company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Python Developer to join their team of skilled developers. The successful candidate will have 2+ years of experience working with Python.
In general, the person will go in as a backend developer for our data driven decision support tool for aquaculture. You would work closely with one other Backend-focused developer (with about 10 years of experience) and then we have 2-3 other in the team who can and from time to time do work on general backend tasks.
Purposes of the platform:
* Present/represent the current state and future projections/time series data of key biological factors that influence key indicators in livestock (projections of growth, feeding, temperature, mortality, weight, income and costs)
* Interact/manipulate/visualise the current state and future projections of key biological factors. (like creating, removing, updating various actions on the fish such as harvest, stocking, transfer, etc)
* Building backend functionality around onboarding users and retrieving data from various external sources
* Building the backend logic for the app in Python. Working on retrieving data from various systems and exposing our data through our API.
* Building various functions and forms to allow users to manipulate and control the setup of the mathematical optimization problem and passing this data on to the ML/AI models.
We are looking for:
* 2+ years of experience with Python
* Strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies
* Experience with Flask or Django web frameworks
* Knowledge of ETL pipelines
* Knowledge of RESTful API design and development
* Familiarity with SQL databases and SQLAlchemy
* A desire to learn and develop further software development expertise
What is on offer:
* Competitive compensation package
* Above average pension contributions
* Health/Life/travel insurance
* Budget for certifications, conferences
* Opportunity to work from offices around the Nordics and a flexible approach to home working
* A choice of equipment to get the job done
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology company and be part of a dynamic and innovative development team. If you are passionate about software development and have the required skills, we would love to hear from you.