Backend Engineer - Dundee or Remote, Dundee City
Up to 55k
My client is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland.
You will be part of a skilled core server side team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture.
* Form the core of their Game Server Engineering team. They're developing an incredible cross platform product.
* Work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, defining and implementing key technical goals as well as goals and concepts to bring teams to the next level
* Design the architecture and implement server side game logic in line with the technical direction of my clients product
* Create a culture of high quality and high performance within the Game Server Engineering team and build low latency solutions that are highly scalable and consistent
* Jump in to help the teams with troubleshooting and research of technical solutions
* Implement tools that empower the clients game design teams to create new and exciting gameplay experiences
* 3+ years professional development as part of a team working on Backend as a Service.
* Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale games or high-traffic web systems.
* Experience developing in Python, ideally using frameworks like Celery and Tornado.
* Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
* Experience with Redis (or other database systems), ORMs and migration scripts.
* Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code.
* Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
* Experience in Git.
* Good knowledge of networking i.e. TCP, HTTP, LB, NAT, WebSockets etc.
* Experience creating and working with a dockerized environment.
* Experience working in C#/Unity..
* AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
* Experience with automated testing.
* Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures.
* Good knowledge of shell scripting i.e. bash, zsh.
* Experience working with non-technical team members to find the best solution for design requirements.
* Experience developing in Go.
To apply or for more info contact email@example.com or call 0191 338 6624