JAVA DEVELOPER - Hybrid/RemoteThe Role
We're seeking an innovative Java developer, who can help us transform our major clients. You'll use your technical knowledge and skills to develop IT systems using XP and agile practices.
* Contribute to both technical and ways of working discussions. This helps to deliver the right solution and promotes a culture of continuous improvement in your team.
* Use TDD and pair programming with other members of your team to deliver well designed and tested code.
* Communicate with both technical and non-technical people. You'll adjust your language to suit.
* Elaborate on and upkeep user stories and technical tasks.
* Review your colleagues' work positively and constructively.
* Mentor junior team members.
You'll suit this role if you have:
* knowledge of and experience working with core Java and functional Java (streams, lambdas etc)
* programming skills in designing and implementation of multi-tier applications using web-based technologies like Spring Boot, Play Framework or JHipster
* knowledge on Spring Core such as Dependency Injection, configuration with Annotations or XML
* experience of handling relational and NoSQL databases in a Java-based ecosystem using technologies like JDBC, Spring Data, Hibernate and JPA
* logged frameworks and monitored applications
* an understanding of developing applications with SOAP or RESTful web services
* good knowledge of cloud platforms and using continuous integration
* an awareness of agile principles
* an appreciation of developing software using TDD
* the ability to produce simple, clean code
* experience working with multiple programming paradigms such as functional and object orientation.