As an Android Developer you'll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept /design/ build/ deploy /test, right through to release to app stores and support.
The aim of this role is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. This is a hybrid role - working 1 day a week in our clients London office, you will work in a Mobility Hub which encompasses Creative, Product, Commercial, Analytics, Architecture & Development and QA functions. The Mobility Hub has been set up with the remit to shape the group wide strategy and deliver world class digital products for personalised and context aware consumer service across all touch points.
In 12 months, our client has moved from a standing start to having a multi award winning app that has already had more than 1 million downloads, the Digital Assistant (TDA), rolled out to over 8 countries across 6 different languages and being used by more than 150,000 customers every month.
This is just the beginning - they are about to embark on a multi-year plan to see the evolution of our TDA from where it is today to being a feature-rich app the likes of which our industry has never seen, and that customers will never have experienced - this is where they need your help.
Role & Responsibilities
* As an Android Developer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future apps. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release.
* A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps.
* Within this role you will also create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort. You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity.
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience of Android development (Kotlin, Coroutinbees, Android SDK, RxJava)
* Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
* Understanding of Android UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions balancing design, quality and velocity
* Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
* Experience with outside data sources and API's (JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML)
* Bonus Scheme
* Up to £65,000
If this is something that excites you and you are eager to know more, please get in touch! Send your CV to Jamie on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 868 5191
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.