I am currently working with an AWS Partner on an AWS DevOps Engineer position for an end client of theirs.
This role will be fully remote and initially 3 months.
Role & Responsibilities
* Python including writing and managing Lambda's
* Experience in Linux/Unix scripting bash, shell etc.
* Experience in working with the Java Platform (Java, Maven/Gradle)
* Git / Stash
* Experience with configuring continuous integration tools such as Team City, Jenkins or equivalent
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef or an equivalent technology
* Familiar with AWS services & Understanding of Cloud concepts with practical hands-on experience on AWS including VPC automation:
* Deep understanding of networking - security groups, load balancers,
* IAM and role management
* CI / CD Pipelines
* CloudFormation and/or Terraform infrastructure-as-code - full provisioning and management including Blue/Green or Canary deployment
* Understand security concept e.g. KMS, Secrets Manager etc.
* Cloud watch and Cloud trail - strong ability to debug
* Strong knowledge of key DevOps concepts including transit gateway - continuous integration and delivery
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP, TLS, DNS,..) and load balancing thereof
* Experience integrating with code quality tools (SonarQube, Coveralls, etc) and automated testing
* Knowledge of basic database administration with strong database design (NoSQL & RDBMS)
* Experience with Docker configuration
* Disciplined approach to testing, automated testing (JUnit), and quality assurance
For more information get in contact with Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org