We are a specialist Data Engineering, Cloud and Analytics consultancy focused on supporting our clients in successfully delivering on their digital transformation programmes. Our aim is to ensure we deliver value from our client's data using innovative approaches that improve their data capabilities, analytics and data governance.
We are working for a high-profile client, analysing their existing processes, identifying and implementing opportunities to optimise these processes, and developing solutions to deliver service improvements to them.
In this role, you will be working on a Linux based environment, collaborating with our team to review specifications and then use these agreed specifications to create infrastructure or scripts on AWS using the right standards and tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
* You will be supporting the automation of test cases and embedding these within delivery pipelines to ensure code remains robust.
* You will be implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
* You will be defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS using AWS native services and/or the ELK stack.
* You will be implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
* You will be designing, managing and maintaining tools to automate operational processes.
* Proven experience of working on relevant system administration and/or DevOps projects
* Hands-on experience with AWS services including VPCs, ELBs, Route 53, RDS, Cloudwatch, IAM, EC2, Lambda, etc.
* Experience of working with the command line in Linux, creating Bash scripts
* Experienced with configuration and management of version control software
* Experienced of amending and writing Infrastructure as code templates, using Terraform or CloudFormation
* Excellent ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks
* Solid Linux and/or Windows system administration experience
* Networking experience, CIDR, TCP/UDP, IP, tcpdump
* Software engineering skills (such as Git, Bash, Python, Go, Java, Ruby)
* Experience with the ELK stack, capable of configuring a greenfield implementation for clients.
* Experience of working within large, complex and geographically dispersed programmes.