An extremely experienced enabler of high street tech has created a new position for a Senior Data Engineer to join the data team. You will have the experience of taking lead in designing, building and managing scalable solutions whilst engaging with a modern data stack. The role will suit those who enjoy fast-paced projects and working in a rapidly changing start up environment.
* Work collaboratively with our Data Analyst, Data Scientist and ProdEng Team as you grow your understanding of the data that is captured and how it is used.
* Spend time with key leaders around the business to understand their data requirements and develop best in class solutions.
* Take ownership of the existing data infrastructure and pipelines, including PostgreSQL DB and Apache Airflow workflow management platform.
* Recommend new tooling that is scalable.
* Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency.
* Explore ways to measure and improve data quality, and to identify fraud patterns within the data.
* Create and maintain technical documentation of data flows and data structures within the analytics data stack.
* Ensure reliability and security, including implementing GDPR policies.
* Share your knowledge and expertise with others to help increase data literacy around the business.
What you will bring the business:
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL is essential.
* High proficiency in Python.
* Significant experience of working with cloud-based data infrastructure, such as Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
* Experience of working with a range of ETL/ELT tools within a modern data stack, as well as Apache Airflow.
* Experience of extracting data through API calls.
* High level of pride in the quality of their code and documentation.
* Desire to take on and solve complex problems, and to decipher solutions into tasks that can be managed within an Agile development framework.
* Highly proactive nature, taking immediate steps to communicate issues and find solutions, as they arise.
* Familiar with data regulations, including GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018).
* Experience with Tableau is desirable, but non-essential.
This role will require you to be able to go into the office once or twice a month (Edinburgh) so we will only be looking for those applicants willing to travel on-site.
Sponsorship is NOT available for this role.
For more information contact Steven Waterson on +44 (0) 203 868 5191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated version of your CV.