Day to day activity will consist of architecting / creating / coding of various solutions as well as helping product development teams to solve issues withing AWS and their applications and infrastructure code; perform code and architectures reviews.
The Platform Architect engages with business stakeholders within Engineering as well as with other Industry Group business units to assess requirements for platforms and services, as well as to architect, implement and operationalize complex technical solutions. The Platform Architect works autonomously to build customized solutions to meet the business needs; this may include activities such as conducting customer interviews, secondary research, input from and collaboration with other members of the Engineering teams, working with vendors, project managers, and other key stakeholders.
* Develops tools and processes to enable automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications, particularly in multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
* Designs and implements CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing and allowing for development teams to own the pipeline process from end-to-end.
* Implements, improves and augments infrastructure, application and security monitoring tools and overall platform stability.
* Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies.
* Mentors junior engineers and peers with less experience in Cloud environments.
* Creates high level reference architecture documentation to meet the technology needs of stakeholders, which may include transformational initiatives such as Cloud migrations, data center modernization, virtualization, Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service, IT as a Service and other leading-edge technical solutions.
* Responsible for owning their solutions, which includes the full project life cycle of Assess/Design/Pilot/Implement/Operate/Optimize, as well as supporting the creation and maintenance of reference architecture, as-built and run-book documentation.
* Produces, enhances and executes the deployment of automated tools to increase efficiencies across the organization.
* Works with the development teams to troubleshoot production issues and to tune production applications.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Kubernetes (EKS on AWS ), need to have deep understanding and hands on knowledge of Kubernetes, all aspects of it, how network works , what are best security and operational practices, how it works with common AWS services like IAM, storage, secrets, network
* Everything AWS, we have used a few services like Ground Station, IoT, anything for gaming, but broad understanding how everything is glued together and what exists is required, as position is called for architecting solutions on AWS platform
* Being able to code in Terraform and CloudFormation - we are all for infrastructure as code and those are our two main tools to do that
* Being able to code in GoLang/Python/NodeJS as these are most common languages for Lambda Functions
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training, required, Master's preferred.
* Certifications in technologies related to Cloud, Infrastructure, Development, Desktop and/or Systems Management preferred.
* 5 years' experience as an infrastructure/platform/DevOps engineer or architect.
* 3 years' experience deploying Cloud infrastructure.
* Experience in architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback and application partitioning.