You will be working within a small talented team of engineers. You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects and enhancement of existing applications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently or closely within a team, have strong communication skills and a passion for programming and technology.
Working extensively on maintaining and scaling a proprietary IoT platform built using Typescript on AWS.
Migrating existing platforms over to an AWS serverless architecture.
Working extensively with AWS media services.
Playing a role in architectural design and advising on best tech stack/tooling.
Leveraging existing internal platform infrastructure to develop greenfield services in Typescript.
Awareness of modern AWS pipelines.
Introducing best practices into the team.
Collaborating with engineers on deployment and administration.
Working within an agile environment with modern delivery practices.
You will be doing:
Maintaining and evolving the CDK / CloudFormation deployments templates.
Provisioning and updating AWS resources.
Configuring resource security policies and roles.
Developing and supporting existing lambda functions.
Taking responsibilities of cross-product DynamoDB database modeling.
Building and deploying software releases internally and to client production environments. Supporting developers and testers across the environments.
Involved in sprint planning, estimation, prioritisation and retrospectives.
Skills and Experience:
● At least 5+ years of commercial DevOps experience
● Typescript experience
● AWS: 3+ years experience, including a strong knowledge of most of the below:
○ CDK (Typescript) - Must have
○ Cloudwatch (logging, insights, metrics including custom, alarms and dashboards) ■ SNS for external integration
○ Cloudfront - Must have
○ API Gateway - Must have
○ CloudFormation - ideally owing to CDK, and debugging deployments
○ Cognito (SAML)
■ Including Cognito App Clients and lambda triggers
○ AWS SSO - and multi-OU configuration/deployment
○ AWS Backup - continuous and snapshot; DynamoDB, S3 and RDS
○ AWS WAF
○ IAM with role/policy management
■ Including Parameter Store
○ Secrets Manager
○ S3 and lifecycle policy management
○ IoT Core
○ EC2 - Must have (temp requirement, to be deprecated)
○ RDS - Must have (temp requirement, to be deprecated)
● Exposure to Nrwl Nx
● Real-world agile working practices
● Excellent knowledge of Jira
● Configuration management
● Release management
● Good documentation skills
● OneLogin administration
● CDK refactoring and optimisation
● AWS CloudTrail/GuardDuty/Audit Manager
● Good understanding of secure working environments, both technical and assurance
● CI/CD exposure
● Experience supporting multiple environments, and investigating incidents/problems across multiple environments.
● AWS Certified (Associate, Professional, Specialist) is an advantage ● AWS Well-Architected solutions
● Some exposure to JSON Schemas
● Serverless Architecture
● Cloud Architecture knowledge
● Knowledge of slack integration