Role - AWS Engineer
Location - Remote
Contract - Outside IR35
Rate - Competitive & Negotiable
Length - 4 Months + Extensions
Start - ASAP
I am working with an IT Consultancy who are delivering a Digital Transformation project for the Public Sector and are seeking the assistance of an AWS Engineer on a contract basis.
This is a fully-remote contract and we have an Outside IR35 determination from the client, with a competitive budget, dependant on relevant experience.
We have an initial 4 month contract available, but this is part of a much wider project, so we are fully expecting extensions beyond this initial period.
- Working for a large government department on replacing an on-prem big data platform with an AWS greenfield solution.
- You will be using AWS native technologies where possible (Lambda, EMR etc). We are storing data in HBase backed off to S3.
- The client are in the final stages of the project migrating users across to the new platform.
- User tools are via AWS remote desktop and include Hue, R Studio and Jupyter.
- The client are responsible for the whole migration, project management, technical architecture and build and change management.
- Hands on development of new services and features in AWS
- Quality of life service improvements to infrastructure and data pipelines against SLAs
- Trouble shooting user analytical queries, helping to optimise code and improve automations
- Previous AWS engineering experience is a must have
- Previous terraform experience is hugely beneficial
- AWS certifications preferred