Role - Machine Learning Engineer
Rate - £600/Day (Outside IR35)
Contract - 6 Months (12+ Months Work)
Location - 100% Remote
Start - ASAP
I am working with a client who are looking to add a number of highly skilled and experienced Machine Learning Engineers to their ranks.
This client have a world class Data Science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision making. They work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams. They are uniquely placed to connect and calibrate quantitative decision making throughout the organisation, and have strong relationships with their business partners.
Their team members use technical skills from the whole spectrum of data science: building analytical tools; informing decision making at all levels of the business via bespoke and automated analysis; running experiments; performing causal analysis; informing planning and prioritisation with robust impact estimates; building production machine learning and optimisation models; and upskilling the entire company in data literacy and data driven decision making.
About the Role
In this role, you will be designing and building the algorithmic and machine-learning systems that power the organisation. You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside engineers, data scientists specialized in analytics and inference, and product managers to develop systems that make automated decisions at massive scale. Your team has a high degree of autonomy and works at some of the most interesting problems at the intersection of riders, consumers, and restaurants. They evaluate the performance of all their decision making machines via robust experimentation powered by their world class experimentation platform.
They are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer, to build intelligent decision making machines.
These machines may:
* Optimise their delivery network by making rider assignment decisions; predicting how long a leg of the delivery journey will take; or mitigating real time delays
* Work out how many riders they need in a particular place at a particular time
* Optimise consumer and rider fees
* Optimise the consumer experience by showing the most relevant restaurants and dishes
* Detect fraud and abuse from consumers, riders, and restaurants
* Assist restaurants in optimising their presence on the service, for example by recommending that they improve their menus or photography, or add a popular dish
* Create an ML platform to improve our ML and optimisation capabilities
* You are someone who knows the fundamentals of machine learning and/or operations research and knows when they should be applied
* You are a keen problem solver, able to think deeply about a business problem and devise a well-thought-out and pragmatic algorithmic solution. And you get satisfaction from seeing your algorithms shipped and driving measurable impact to the business
* Previous experience applying machine learning or operations research to business problems in industry
* Proficient in exploratory data analysis, model/algorithm prototyping and selection, model pipeline design and development. Deploying models to production and experiment monitoring is a bonus
* Solid communication skills - in person, in writing, in code, and code-review; to technical and non-technical audiences
* Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with changing requirements
* A pragmatic approach, biased to simplicity, where you most care about achieving impact