Role - Senior Database Engineer
Rate - Very competitive rates available - Negotiable for the right candidate
Location - 100% Remote (Open to Europe)
Duration - 3 Months + Extensions
Job Description Summary
The role will be primarily responsible for supporting the client's ScyllaDB clusters in both Production and non-Production, working with the client's developers and operational teams to ensure their Service Level Commitments are achieved. Once database operations are under stable support, this role will build the technical collateral necessary to enable a global DBA team to learn and operate ScyllaDB themselves, including training and initial supervision of the knowledge transfer process.
* Advanced skill in ScyllaDB Enterprise and Open Source editions
* Advanced knowledge of high availability, Disaster Recovery solutions and database systems architectural design.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
* Advanced knowledge of performance tuning at the server and application levels.
* Proficient with query profiler & performance monitoring tools.
* Skills and ability to re-write and optimize complex queries.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Excellent Programming skills.
* Strong desire to grow within the database field.
* Excellent communication skills-written and verbal.
* Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
* Experience with production DBA and managing multiple databases
* Experience with development DBA and working with Agile teams