Database Engineer (PM)
We are looking for an experienced and intellectually curious individual, who is hungry for success, to join this growing client in this key role!
This client takes extreme pride in their team and they work hard to give their customers a satisfying, fulfilling and rewarding experience. With that in mind, although the technical skillset is important, they would like to make sure that this person is a real enthuastic team player that wants to grow in their career.
What you'll be doing…
This role is a hybrid mix between a Database Engineer and Project Manager. If you're looking to excel in your career for both hands on database optimisation and personal development and growth then this is the role for you!
You'll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine…with databases.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you'll just be triaging the boring and monotonous. With any startup comes exciting challenges for you to go beyond!
Your main responsibility will be helping the team maintain and optmise their new database system when they need expert assistance. For more serious and production impacting issues, you'll perform screen sharing sessions to help them quickly navigate and resolve issues.
When you're not fixing things, you'll be working as a PM reporting into senior management to help ensure the technical side of the business is growing in the best way possible!
What does it take to be this Superhero?
* Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
* Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
* Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
* Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
* Enthused to expand your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
What Will Make You Stand Out
* Galera / XtraDB Cluster / ProxySQL
* Cloud Services such as AWS
* MySQL DBA, Professional Certifications
Benefits of This Role
There are many of working for this company such as their growth in the industry which would give you the opportunity to excel in your career to a senior PM position. They also offer;
* Annual Leave
* Flexible Working
* Remote Working Option Available
At Jefferson Frank
Our mission is simple: we want happy customers.
Whether you're an AWS or DevOps professional, we will help you walk into your dream AWS/DevOps job. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS and DevOps.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and growing within the team, then get in touch now so that we can discuss the role and responsibilities!