A Big Data Engineer is needed for a growing business based just outside of Birmingham where the right person would be exposed the the full development life-cycle as well as have the chance to work with the latest in big data technologies and analytical tools.
Working within their emerging technologies team, this role is for a well-known retailer expanding rapidly to meet their customers needs. You will be tasked with working alongside the countries top engineers to enhance their ML + AI capacity as well as analysing data to increase revenue across the group
The business are keen on their employees being immersed in the community as a whole and actively encourage/fund conferences and TechTalks.
Role & Responsibilities
* Develop, maintain and improve their cloud data platform and autonomously plan, design, monitor, communicate and execute data projects
* Assist the analytics teams in the implementation of their machine learning use-cases
* Evangelize about their data platform, products and Data Engineering capabilities with other departments in order to bring more relevant data into their eco-system and develop future data-products that solve real business problems.
Skills & Qualifications
* A strong understanding Microsoft Azure (Data Factory, Azure Data Lake), SQL Server and Power BI.
* Strong knowledge in creating and optimising SSIS packages
* Well versed in dimensional modelling (i.e. Kimball methodology)
* 34 days holiday
* Remote working options
* Great Pension
* Private Healthcare
Jefferson Frank are the global leaders in AWS Cloud Recruitment. We specialise in Big Data Engineering/Architects/Analysts and recently attended Big Data London, Cloud Expo and Re:Invent where we showcase the latest in AWS Cloud trends.