Senior DevOps Engineer - 100% Remote
My client an established international management consultancy requiring a Senior DevOps Engineer - paying up to £90,000 for the right candidate.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a Serverless/ DevOps Engineer. You will be working with architects, technologists and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients. Additionally, the Senior AWS Python DevOps Engineer will take a lead role working closely with our Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
* Provide technical expertise for provisioning AWS/SaaS and on-premise products
* Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under Agile development methodologies
* Lead on the setting and enforcement of standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
* Review and evaluate new and existing development and infrastructure code tooling to ensure it meets standards; or for existing products that they will operate within the overall cloud architecture.
* Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organization and to our field organizations, partners, and customers
* Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
* Create and maintain documentation
* Advocate the AWS Well-Architected Framework & Serverless workloads
* Configure and work with:
* AWS DevOps tooling
* Containerisation technologies (Docker)
* Version control using Git-based repositories (BitBucket/GitHub)
* API-driven and microservices-based architectures
* Development of Python applications with unit tests as-standard (TDD)
* 10+ years of experience in information technology
* 5+ years actively working with AWS workloads; provisioning and/or managing AWS infrastructure
* 2+ years actively developing Python-based Applications (Lambda desirable)
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
* Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
* Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
* In-depth knowledge of Python programming language
* In-depth knowledge of one high-level infrastructure as code software (CloudFormation or Terraform desirable)
* At least one active AWS Associate Certification, AWS Professional Certification desirable
* University degree or equivalent practical experience
If this role is of an interest to you, please reply with your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org