Role/Job Title: Modelling & Simulation Consultant / Data Engineer
Location: Shrivenham ( Onsite when required ) but can work from home
Contract Length: 4 Months with extension likely
End Client: Defence Simulation Centre
Rate - £420-£500
Inside/Outside IR35? Outside IR35
Start Date: November 2022
The Defence Simulation Centre (DSC) supports the Defence Modelling and Simulation Coherence Technical Authority (DMaSC TA) in providing technical coherence across the Defence Enterprise, in order to provide value for money and better capability. Any Defence user seeking to develop or procure Modelling and Simulation (M&S) based systems is mandated to liaise with the DMaSC TA.
Task SSE55 aims to help inform the DSC Common M&S Services with a data management approach. In this specific instance, the management of Synthetic Environment (SE) data including 3D Models, terrain source data and terrain databases
Experience / Responsibilities
* Experience in creating and managing 3-D models for M&S applications, and the understanding of associated 3-D model formats.
* Experience in using terrain source data and using terrain databases for M&S applications. An understanding of associated formats and standards are required and their utility for contemporary M&S systems.
* Experience in generating or modifying terrains for M&S applications is highly desirable.
* Experience with contemporary image generation systems and associated resolution requirements and fidelity is highly desirable.
* Previous experience in delivering M&S systems and sub-systems in line with DEFSTAN 03-50 DMaSC Standards Profile (DMSP).