Senior Node Software Engineer, £65,000, Hybrid (Manchester), Digital Retailer
I'm currently on the lookout for a Senior Node Engineer to join a Customer-obsessed digital retailer. My client has over 160 years of trading experience and has worked with core brands such as JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacomo.
You will be passionate and experienced with a proven track record of commercial delivery of technology value to join a new start-up division within the business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and re factors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
* Contributes to the selection of the software development methods, tools and techniques.
* Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
* Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleague's work.
* Designs complex software applications, components and modules.
* Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others designs.
Skills and Experience:
* Node server-less micro-services -AWS Lambdas or alternatively containers managed through ECS or alike
* AWS server-less development and deployment frameworks - Server-less framework, AWS SAM, AWSCDK, etc
* Front End Development frameworks - React.js, Redux (Nice to have)
* Unit testing framework, e.g., Jest Consumption of RESTful services, incl. JSON.
* Continuous integration - Source control: Git, build (Azure DevOps/Gitlab/Other), test, audit (SonarQube), deploy
* Agile development methodologies
The salary is up to £65,000 alongside amazing benefits such as Hybrid working and flexible start times, Annual bonus scheme, Pension and more. This role is located in Manchester and would be great for anyone in or around the area. You would be expected to go into the office twice every month.
If you are interested in this role, I'd love to hear from you. Please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0203 808 7311