Talend/Pentaho Data Engineer
£55,000 - £75,000
Manchester/London - Primarily Remote
My client are one of the biggest names in technology and modern cloud consulting, they boast a world class data and analytics centre and are looking to add to their team. They provide a wide range of cutting edge data and analytics solutions to the Public Sector to revolutionise the UK Government's data platform and maximise insight, accesibility, revenues, reduce fraud etc - they key lifeblood of the Public Sector.
You will work in an Agile team collaborating closely with Architects, Product Managers and Solution Architects.
* Strong ETL skills using Talend or Pentaho.
* Database background of one of the following Oracle, RDS, Redshift, Hadoop, MySQL, Postgres etc
* Various Data Architecture techniques including Data Modelling, Data Warehousing etc
* Job Scheduling
* Programming skills in any of PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Java, Python, Hive, HiveQL, HDFS, Impala
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
* You will be working in an agile delivery team within an agile scrum framework.
* Work across various software engineering principles including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, development, testing, implementation and support.
* Contribute to various teams providing ideas and innovation/process recommendations, help mentor other team members, strong information sharing culture.
* Client and stakeholder engagement
* Annual training budget, 10% of your annual working hours dedicated to this
* Internal technology university to obtain qualifications
* Excellent pension
* Flexibility around working from home
Please do not apply if you are not SC Clearance eligbile.
If this is of interest please apply below or email Steven Mckay at Jefferson Frank directly with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.