Sr. DevOps Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
WE ARE OPEN TO 100% REMOTE CANDIDATES.
* Work on different project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and Engineering teams to meet expected customer service levels
* Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components, migrating from, or integrating with on-premises services, and developing self-service tooling and metrics to empower delivery teams' autonomy
* Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
* You have demonstrated experience building right-sized solutions.
* Exhibit extreme ownership mentality.
* Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
* Help align development and QA requirements with the capabilities of the infrastructure
* Anticipate future infrastructure needs and offer solutions
* Participate in the design, implementation, and ongoing management for infrastructure tooling and operations
* Serve in an on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
* Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization
* Strong experience with CI/CD processes and infrastructure
* Enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
* 10+ years experience of Linux and/or Unix administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting
* 5+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale web application
* 5+ years with "cloud" IaaS provider with at least 3 years of expertise with various AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, ECS, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
* Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
* Strong system monitoring capabilities using AWS CloudWatch and DataDog or similar tools such as New Relic etc.
* Relational and non-relational clustered DB experience (PostgreSQL,MySQL,Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo)
* Very strong configuration tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc) and orchestration automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
* Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/our the Bourne Again shell
* Solid understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices. Strong experience with Agile, Lean, and/or test-driven software development environments
* Experience with daily use of Git
* Disaster recovery planning and implementation
* Solid hands-on experience with networking for a cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN's, firewalls, security applications)
* Possess a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
* Excellent cross functional collaborative skills working with multiple development teams and ability to build relationships. Highly collaborative with an ability to influence and reach consensus.
* Ability to influence development teams in adopting cloud technologies, processes, and best practices
* Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
Have a great attitude and be ready to hustle
BONUS POINTS FOR
* Experienced with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
* Experience with financial systems or loan origination systems