AWS Technical Engineer
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Based in Manchester (Remote work available for right candidate)
My client are looking for an AWS Technical Engineer to play a vital part in their Public Cloud journey.
Reporting to the Enterprise Linux Team Leader, you will act as a bridge between the AWS cloud team and Enterprise Linux Support team.
The immediate need is to develop the Enterprise Support teams in Public Cloud technologies therefore you will act as an escalation point for all support queries relating to AWS. Working closely with our Technical Lead and AWS team, you will contribute to the experimentation and adoption of new technologies, tools, and processes to strengthen public cloud support.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is developing their craft in AWS technologies and is passionate about providing an impeccable level of service to customers which are undergoing large-scale tech transformations.
Role & Responsibilities
* Act as a point as escalation point for UKFast team members and UKFast clients
* Act as a communication bridge between our AWS and Linux support teams
* Respond to break and fix support requests, your role will involve providing resolutions to clients in as little hops as possible. Using evidence whenever possible to find the root cause of issues, avoiding repeat occurrences.
* Provide technical architecture reviews and recommendations through consultation with UKFast clients and internal AWS Solution Architect.
* To engage within the business (and third-party providers where appropriate) regarding escalations, reviews, updates, and strategy news. Ultimately creating and building good relationships.
Skills & Qualifications
* Significant experience of Linux systems in complex multi-server solutions environment.
* Experience with core web technologies, such as, Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Varnish, Pacemaker, CRM Clustering, Kubernetes, ELK, or Redis.
* Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open-source tools.
* Motivation to provide impeccable customer service whilst working in a lean, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
* Experience supporting public cloud-based solutions is desirable
* A proven track record of supporting production systems within AWS
* Expertise in CI/CD automation - experience in AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Code Pipeline is desirable
* Common DevOps tooling e.g Ansible
* Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
* Private health insurance after one years' service
* Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
* Flexible working and work from home
* Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
* Pearson Vue test centre on-site
* On-site gym
* Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
* Free onsite parking
* Table tennis and pool tables
* Team building experiences
* Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
* Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
* Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly
Please note this role requires full Rights to Work in the UK, this client is unable to provide sponsorship or VISA options.
If this sounds of interest apply below or alternatively contact Steven directly at Jefferson Frank, details below:
Phone: 020 3808 7281